Austin is 1 month!

Friday, December 7, 2012


That's right, my sweet baby boy is 1 month old (and a few days now that I'm finally getting around to posting this). He had his 1 month check up a few days ago... let me just tell you the story.

Our morning started off a little rocky as we overslept because our alarm didn't go off so we were rushing around like crazy and if you know me at all, you know rushing and being late absolutely kill me. I can't stand to be late. Thankfully we walked into the doctor's office only a few minutes late and they were behind anyways. I'm still figuring out how much time it takes me and little mister to get out the door. Getting me ready is a breeze but feeding, burping, and changing him is all good until he spits up last minute and absolutely soaks his clothes or has a blow out diaper as I'm finishing getting him dressed can add just a few minutes to say the least.

Little A was born weighing 8 pounds 1 ounce. His discharge weight was 7 pounds 6 ounces. I was so anxious to see how much weight he had gained. He had a check up 2 days after we left the hospital and he was up to 7 pounds 9 ounces. Once we got him on the scale, I couldn't believe my eyes. My little chunky monkey now weighs 10 pounds 1 and a half ounces!!!! Guess those newborn clothes will be packed up sooner rather than later! It was such a relief though, breastfeeding is a job and I worry sometimes whether he gets enough, but his weight proved he definitely was!! His doctor was very pleased with him and said I get an A+ in nursing! Whewww, sigh of relief!

I have always had quite the relationship with shots, I am terrified of needles, but watching your baby get a shot makes you absolutely LOATHE shots, I'm talking Jim Carrey in How the Grinch Stole Christmas, loathe! 


Little A was looking in the mirror beside the changing table smiling and looking around, then the nurse stuck him. His bottom lip poked out and then, it happened. The most heartbreaking sound ever, he screamed this high pitched, blood curling scream and starting bawling. And as any mother would do at the sight and sound of this, I started crying too.

It felt like forever before the nurse told me to pick him up. When she finally did, Little A buried his face in my neck and held on to my shirt so tight and wouldn't let go. It took a few minutes to calm him down, and for me to suck it up and be ok too. But we pulled it together and besides our heartbreaking shot experience, it was a great appointment. Little A's pediatrician just couldn't stop bragging on him. Of course I know our boy is perfect but it's always nice to hear confirmation from a professional.

1 month stats:

  • Weight - 10 lbs. 1.5 oz. (50th percentile)
  • Length - 20 and 7/8 inches long (25th percentile)
  • Diaper size - newborn
  • Clothes size - newborn
  • Favorites- bath time, laying on daddy's chest, looking at lights
  • Mommy's favorite moment/s this month- while I'm not a fan of this warm weather in December, it did bring about the opportunity to get out the stroller and go for a few long walks. And of course, watching my baby boy change, grow, and develop. His little cheeks are filling out
Here are some pictures of Little A's first month !


This may be my favorite picture ever, he was just a few days old




 waiting on Dr. B at his check up, look at those sweet cheeks 


After the check up. Notice him holding my shirt, he would NOT let me go


Flannel never looked so good 

0 comments:

Post a Comment