Psalms 127:3

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

More exciting baby news!

 My sister gave birth to my second niece !!! MaryAnna was born at 12:34am weighing in at a tiny 6 lbs. 15.5 oz. She is 19" long. I was with my sister as her labor coach when she gave birth to her first baby, my niece Camille. My brother-in-law was in Iraq during her first pregnancy and delivery and I was so happy when she asked me to be her coach. It was an incredible experience, so I was THRILLED when she asked me to be in there again.This time around, it was a whole new ball game. 

Brittni was my co-coach with my hubby only a month before! Being a coach after giving birth yourself feels very different. I had a better understanding of what to do and what not to do, what helped and what made it worse. Side note- my first niece is 1 year old, my son is 1 month old, and obviously MaryAnna is a brand spanking new baby. My sister and I have the same Doctor, we delivered at the same hospital, and all 3 deliveries we have had the same nurse. SO needless to say, we are known pretty well in the Labor and Delivery ward. Our nurse Donna is called "our family nurse" and she knows us well, which is so comforting, she just happens to be the most amazing nurse in the universe and deserves a huge bonus!

Going through this experience makes me realize a few things.

1) Yes, my sister and I have our arguments, disagreements, and times we bump heads on things, but at the end of the day we ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have each other's back no matter what. She is my best friend and I know I can always count on her.

2) Babies are such a beautiful gift from God. If you have ever experienced pregnancy, labor and delivery and then motherhood, you know it could only be orchestrated by the Lord. Pregnancy in itself is such a miracle. There are times it's tough, but each dirty diaper, sleepless nights, and spit up filled day is worth it. What an awesome God we serve.
"Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."- Psalms 127:3

3) My Husband in incredible- I have always loved my husband with all of my heart, but there is just something indescribable about seeing him with our son. He gets up to change his diapers, plays with him, and does anything and everything possible without being asked. He is the perfect father and wonderful husband. My boys already have quite the bond and I can't wait to watch it grow and develop over the years.

let me just show you MaryAnna's sweet little face

And this is Little A waiting to meet his new cousin.... i think the excitement was too much
please excuse the poor quality, it was dark in the room, and I used my phone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment