Add a little dirt

Tuesday, February 4, 2014


I absolutely LOVE the cold weather. Fall is my favorite and winter is in a close second. My only complaint is if it's going to be as cold as it has been, those frigid temperatures better be accompanied by LOTS of pretty snow. 

While I don't mind the weather, it does make having an outdoor loving toddler a bit challenging. Little A has been sick over the past 2 weeks and he has been itching to get outside. Today, I finally decided to bundle him up and go play. He loved all 40 minutes of it. Charlie was in muddy heaven. 

I must confess that when we are outside, my inner germaphob is thinking "don't touch that" ,"ew bugs", and when he falls down, I immediately brush the dirt off. Today, I resisted. Know what? He survived, dirty knees with leaves stuck to his hands and all. Mind blowing right? I have to constantly remind myself to let him be a boy, get dirty, and be adventurous. 


It's pretty awesome to see him smiling after he climbs on the rock pile or finds a stick to give Charlie. His little adventurous spirit needs that freedom to roam and play. It would break my heart to think I stifle it. 

Best cure for going stir crazy? Take your child, put on layers, and add a little dirt.

Also this easy, healthy vegetable soup doesn't hurt either.

Recipe:

Ingredients:
1lb ground venison (browned and drained)
2 cans organic diced tomatoes 
1 can organic beans (I used tri-blend) drained and rinsed
1 can organic corn
1 can organic peas
1 can organic green beans
1 small chopped onion
2 cups water
2 cups organic broth (vegetable or beef)
1 tbsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

dump all ingredients in crock pot, cook on low for 5-6 hours. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment