Snowpocalypse 2014

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Anyone who knows me knows that I love the snow. Maybe I got spoiled the year we lived in Illinois when I was 4. My definition of "snow" seems to be different from Virginia's definition. Virginia seems to define snow as more than 5 flurries falling at once. My definition is what I'm seeing outside my window right now, 15+ inches. 

"Snowpocalypse 2014" is what every winter should look like, if you were to ask me. I just adore all aspects of snow like the way it blankets a clean canvas on nature, the way the air smells, and the chill in the air. Perhaps my favorite thing about it is how something so quiet, soft, and gentle has the power to make everything and everyone just slow down.


While I can imagine it's not fun being stranded or unable to get to where you need to be, it's quite spectacular to see people outside playing with their kids when they normally wouldn't have the time due to work schedules. Or for a married couple to snuggle on the couch watching a movie when they normally have other commitments. You see, snow has a way of bringing people together. While Mr. J is a Police Officer and still has to go to work, I'm so looking forward to a weekend of being snowed in with my guys just relaxing, playing outside, and being together. Nothing fancy, simply just being together.

So while, I will admit, it can be quite the headache, let's all try to focus on the simple beauty of it and enjoy the togetherness it brings.


Also, make snowcream, drink hot chocolate, and make a snow angel or two.

What are your favorite things about the snow?


0 comments:

Post a Comment