Ammo

Monday, February 24, 2014

As an avid list maker, each day, I wake up with a to-do list. Things like, laundry, mop the floors, and organize Little A's toys. Of course, there are things that you don't write down because they are things to be done every day. Brush your teeth, take a shower, cook breakfast, lunch, dinner, and oh yeah, devotion time. 

Some days, things can just sort of fall to the bottom of the list. Surprisingly enough, I always brush my teeth and take a shower, but sadly, my devotion time falls to the bottom, and even off the list. I try to wake up every morning before Little A gets up to have my devotional time. Time when the house is still quiet with a cup of coffee, my bible, and just me and God. There are days when I buy into the lies Satan feeds me. "You deserve a little extra sleep this morning," "You can do it during nap time, or before bed," (never happens) or "You are so busy today, God will understand."

Here's the facts, every day that I DON'T read my bible is a point for Satan. He wants to keep me out of God's word because he knows as Christians, it's our biggest weapon in a fallen world. 

I don't know about you but I don't exactly like the fact that I am easily giving my enemy points against me. Can you imagine what our churches, communities, cities, states, and even our world would look like if more Christians treated their time in the Bible like the non-negotable lifeline that it is instead of just something to check off the list out of fear of being struck by lightning? 

When my day starts with time in prayer and reading my Bible, my heart and mind are focused on the Lord, not the world. I am equipped to face the challenges of the day with the right frame of mind. 

 Let's break it down "big bird style" as Mr.J would say.

As a Christian in a fallen world, every day is like a gun fight. The Bible is like our ammo. Would you go to a gun fight not replenishing your ammo knowing used ammo yesterday? Absolutely not. You want to be prepared and well equipped. The great thing is that our "armory" never runs out, is never low on stock, or sold out. It is just as full today as it was 500 years ago, and Praise the Lord, the price isn't increasing at an insane rate. 

We are privileged to have FREE daily access to our most powerful weapon. All we have to do is tap in to it. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment